WinToUSB 5.6 With Data Recovery
WinToUSB 5.6 is free software that allows you to install and run Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive as the source of installation.
WinToUSB also supports creating a bootable WinPE USB drive, it can help you to transfer the contents of WinPE to the USB drive and make the drive bootable.
Additionally, WinToUSB can be booted on multiple computers. On the first connection, it automatically detects the system hardware, then downloads and installs the required drivers. So the next time it is connected to the same PC, it will instantly identify the proper tools.
Because not all software supports running on such an operating system, it is advisable that they are tested initially, preventing you from encountering difficulties later on, when you might depend on that certain utility.
WinToUSB Key features include:
- An easy-to-use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for creating Windows To Go USB drive.
- Creation of Windows To Go directly from ISO, WIM, ESD, SWM, VHD, VHDX image file or CD/DVD drive.
Creation of Windows installation USB flash drive with BIOS & UEFI support.
- Clone Windows 10/8/7 to a USB drive or Thunderbolt drive as portable Windows.
- Use of Non-Enterprise Edition of Windows Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, 2016, 2012, 2010, 2008 R2 to create Windows To Go Workspace.
- Hot clone Windows without restarting the clone source computer.
- Creation of Windows To Goes on Non-Certified Windows To Go drive.
- Support for creating VHD/VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace.Support for Thunderbolt drives and non-512 byte sector size drives.
- Windows 7 is not completely portable. You may have driver problems when booting on different computers, so highly recommend using Windows 10/8.1/8 to create Windows To Go.
- Windows 7 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows 7 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
- The common USB flash drives are very slow. It takes a long time to install and run Windows from a common USB flash drive, highly recommend using an external hard drive, Windows To Go Certified Drives, Corsair Flash Voyager GTX USB 3.1 Premium Flash Drive, SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive or SanDisk Extreme PRO USB 3.1 Solid State Flash Drive to create Windows To Go.
- Windows To Go drives can be booted on different computers, so you can carry it anywhere and use it on any computer.